LET’S DRAW OCS
LET’S DRAW OCS
ok, i’m going to try to be more active on here this year. that’s one of those things that i said i would do. so to like, help me along or something, you can send some suggestions of things or something to my ask, either the one for this account or for my main (which is a completely separate entity, and i am more prone to check).
i’m going to try to finish like… a thing a week if possible. but i’m going to start posting my doodles and stuff to this account, so people on my main don’t have to put up with that breaking up the cats and shenaniganry.
LET’S FUCKIN’ DO THIS, DAMNIT.
2013 was NOT AN EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD YEAR FOR ME EVEN DOODLING WISE?
HERE’S A SKETCHDUMP OF LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON BOTH MY COMPUTERS. TWO OF THESE WERE FINISHED, BUT I DELETED ONE BECAUSE I HATED IT.
ANYWAY, 2013 BEST OF SKETCHES???
yo here’s my headcanon fuckin’ levi without the blood and guts and stuff
some old school underground thug ass days.
man, i hope this shit hasn’t been ruined by the backstory manga or something.
anyway, i utilized my fancy dancy history/anthropology degree to come up with some fancy ass tattoo ideas that might be common in a fairly landlocked medieval type society thing to design this horrible thing. i might actually do a better version someday when i haven’t been drinking heavily, and my spirit has not been crushed by soul sucking menial employment. who knows.
DON’T GIVE A FUCK IF THERES NO ONE ON THE WALL THIS IS FUCKING DONE ENOUGH FOR ME.
i AM AN ADULT AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT PRIVILEGES COME WITH THAT (NAMELY BUYING THINGS AND PAINTING THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE BORING AND IT’S YOUR MONEY ANYWAY)
NOT DOING MUCH THESE DAYS. JUST SNK PORN AND STUFF
someone asked for a drawing of my cat, Draco the Cat
and since DtC is a total dickass and I have no pictures of him other than ‘vague furry black blob’, here he is looking away mystically.
who even knows what he sees over there. i don’t even think Draco the Cat knows.
taking some requests for some sketches and shit at my awful main blog.
First up, Stripper!Dean.
I may have unfortunately used up my monthly allotment for drawing shirtless muscle dudes though and admittedly this was way funnier in my head.
i really don’t feel like drawing today. here is day three.
doing something or something idk i forgot.
ok, so hotitan drew a thing. and then i really wanted to draw a thing too. AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT IT IS REALLY HARD TO COME UP WITH THUG TATTOOS BASED ON A CIVILIZATION THAT HAS BEEN LIVING BEHIND A LANDLOCKED WALL FOR A LONG ASS TIME.
AND THEN OTHER THINGS HAPPENED BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THUGS, TATTOOS, AND THE IDEA OF BARE KNUCKLE BOXING OK.
THESE ARE MY HEADCANONS, LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
(also, this is technically part of my improvement meme thing because i have a really hard time drawing anything unless i plan to go places with it, so here’s the reference i used.)
IMPROVEMENT HELL DAY 1: LOOK AT THAT SELF PORTRAIT.
Are you tired of feeling like your art just isn’t improving? Do you want to do a 30-day challenge that’s actually useful? Welcome to 30 Days of Improvement Hell. >:D
I made this because I’ve been feeling super ‘blah’ about my art these days, and I needed something to kick-start myself. Who wants to do this with me!? Start now or whenever you can (now you procrastinators!). Challenge yourself and have fun at the same time!
Tag your posts with #Improvement Hell so everyone can follow along and see each other’s awesome artwork. I may even create a blog and reblog them! :D
What are you waiting for? START!
- Self-Portrait - Introduce yourself
- Draw a figure using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a figure that’s in action, using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a part of the human anatomy you have trouble with. x20, with atleast 5 being skeletal/musculature studies.
- Draw more figures. Quick gestures and silhouettes. x20, with atleast 10 different body shapes
- Let’s have some fun. Design a character from this character generator. (created by PreservedCucumbers)
- Pick the weirdest object in your house/room. Draw it. Shadows and Highlights.
- Find 2-3 objects, make a scene with them. Draw it. Bonus points for creativity. Double points for dramatic lighting.
- Draw a landscape of a place you’ve never been or drawn.
- Draw a BG with 1pt Perspective. Negative points if it’s a railroad or an empty street.
- Draw a BG with 2pt Perspective.
- Look out a window. Draw what you see. Bonus points for adding something interesting.
- Draw an interior setting with the character you designed on Day #6 in it.
- BG with either bird’s eye or worm’s eye view.
- Halfway there! Draw three ‘action’ scenes with different compositions in each. Quick sketches are fine, just make them interesting and understandable! Bonus points if it’s the same scene, but different composition.
- Draw a single page comic with 5-7 panels (the story begins and ends on one page).
- Draw an animal you’ve never drawn before. x10 Link references.
- Draw a car. Negative points for whining. Hint: Use a perspective grid.
- Think of the thing you hate drawing the most. Guess what? Draw it! Negative points for lying to yourself.
- Pick an object in your house/room. Now design a character from it, using the shapes, forms, textures, purpose and colors as inspiration. Also link/post the object you used. Negative points for using a humanoid action figure.
- Draw a character/object/scene, and shade them using ONLY solid blacks and whites. Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows
- Draw a different object/scene/character. Shade using hatching, crosshatcing, and/or pointillism. Bonus points for lights/shadows and textures.
- Colors! Pick a color palette, and paint a scene/character/object using only those colors (some blending allowed). Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows.
- Draw and color a scene/object/character - no lines allowed! (aka - lineless art). Don’t forget light and shadows!
- Draw a scene/character in a style you’ve never drawn before. If emulating an artist, credit+link. Bonus for color style.
- Draw a character. Draw 10 emotions/expressions. Bonus points for ‘uncommon’ emotions. (i.e. anxiety, guilt, despair, loneliness etc.)
- Draw three random shapes using your opposite hand (or your foot). Now design characters from those shapes.
- Turn on the tv (or load your illegally downloaded movies). Pick an actor and draw them.
- Almost done! Let’s have some fun. Draw some fanart. Bonus points if it’s super obscure and unknown. Make people guess what it’s from.
- Last day! Find a drawing you did within the last year. Now draw it again using what you’ve learned! Link it for comparison!
Look at all that amazing improvement! Congrats!
so dudebros, this is gonna be happening. probably. maybe. who even knows, i never update this place anyway.
here is sometime i drew for a comic
the rest of the comic was terrible so enjoy this one.
i’ll update with some real art soon, i think.
I REALLY NEED TO BE WORKING ON MY BACHELOR’S THESIS BUT I JUST COULDN’T STOP DRAWING THIS THING
I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS, I COULDN’T FINISH IT BECAUSE THIS PAPER IS DUE IN LIKE A DAY AND IT STILL NEEDS A LOT OF WORK AND MAYBE SOMEDAY, BUT FOR NOW! HERE!
(ORIGINAL PAINTING WAS JUDITH AND THE HEAD OF HOLOFERNES BY GUSTAV KLIMT )
sometimes, i listen to music and i get these really awesome ideas for comics and stuff, but i have other things to work on, so i doodle something up, or LEAVE MYSELF CRYPTIC MESSAGES, and months later, i come back and try to decipher what the hell my past self was talking about
all i know is that i was listening to this song, and i think i was contemplating the three years on the run or something.
man. maybe someone else can figure it out.